FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Huangpu River (Shanghai) pedestrian/bike trails
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:35 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I got on the trails both yesterday and today because, after giving us a preview/reminder of what cold and rainy is like, Mother Nature was benevolent.

I took two different ferries over and back (to/from the east bank) yesterday, and here's the gist of it:

In case, the youtube link doesn't render, you can use this one instead:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvStxu5O7B6QgqJz...nG6Zg?e=9A1sxx

I will opine that, unless you're really into your specific shared bike, it's worth dumping it before getting on the boat and getting a replacement on the other side so you can enjoy the river cruise to the fullest extent (upstairs is nicer).

Meanwhile, today, I opted for subways (lines 12 and 7, both convenient for me, and are among the 9 lines that cross the river).

I can't really recommend taking line 12 (to/from Donglu Rd) because it's about 6 km from the northern trailhead, but the bike lane was reasonably civilized, save a few utterly obnoxious Eleme dudes.

The northern trailhead is basically at the Yangpu Bridge, though I didn't catch the actual starting point (maybe 300 meters inland).

As you can see from the following picture, the pedestrian-only lanes are reddish brown.

One of many basketball courts along the way.

A dog show (as far as I could tell, it was for poodles only).

I finished off at Houtan Stn on Line 7. This was actually quite convenient (near the SK Building, less than 1000 meters from the trail).

Last edited by moondog; Oct 23, 2022 at 9:49 pm