FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requesting Special Assistance - Your Feedback Requested
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:09 am
Jerry5566

Originally Posted by wrp96
With AA, I like that I can choose my wheelchair assistance through the app and can specify levels of need. And then I can see what is requested on my reservation without wondering if it went through.

I understand that it can be hard for the airline to control what actually happens at the airport, particularly at certain airports where the airport controls assistance rather than the airline, but I wish there was an easy to access day of travel number I could contact for issues, because when I'm stuck on a jetbridge waiting for a wheelchair to come, it's just not possible for me to go up the jetbridge myself and find assistance.

In advance one thing that would be helpful is instructions like "At LGA terminal B drop off at door D to get wheelchair assistance or at CDG go to any check in counter." Specific instructions about the differences in assistance per airport could ease some of the pre-travel anxiety and make day of travel easier.

Yes, that is part of our plan also - that you can see confirmation of the assistance request (and the request status e.g. approved, pending) when you navigate to Manage Booking as you say.

I will look into the airport-specific instructions. My worry there would be keeping that data up to date - we'd be reliant on the airport telling us when things have changed and if they haven't informed us and it has changed, then potentially we are mis-directing you which would lead to frustration, especially if time was of the essence and the flight time was rapidly approaching.

I will also check into the jetbridge situation - we use a third party to arrange the wheelchairs themselves so potentially they have a number you could call for on the day issues.

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Last edited by Jerry5566; Oct 20, 2022 at 6:23 am