FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requesting Special Assistance - Your Feedback Requested
Old Oct 19, 2022, 7:20 am
DeafFlyer

Programs: United MP
Wink

Originally Posted by Jerry5566
Thank,s DeafFlyer.

Do you normally register them as a companion or would they be booked as a standard guest?
Just curious so I can add relevant rules.

When you say move, is this when you check in and you're assigned separate seats (e.g. Ryanair), or is it in the event of a disruption e.g. flight cancelled and you were put on a replacement flight and you aren't kept together?
I always tell the disability desk or whoever handles these things that I must have my companion seated with me. However, there are no guarantees. Just this summer, Lufthansa upgraded me, without my knowledge to Business class (upgraded my wife too) but put us in aisle seats. The aisle seats are staggered, so there was no way to alert her when I needed her. She did fall asleep in those comfy seats for a while. That was a bit scary for because she sleeps deep and it is hard to wake her. It worked out, but it was not easy for me. I realize that was Ann 8 hour international but it did happen to me. I may be the first person to complain about a nice upgrade like that though.