FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2022, 4:06 am
eastcoastcan

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
These are all Latitude flight passes. I've been an SE for longer than I can remember. MM. etc. I also have been buying latitude flight passes for ~6 years. If there is a high spender category I'm not in the top top tier, but I am surely well above average in $/mile.

My passes were North America.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It's possible they're doing this case-by-case on some metric of customer value, whether purely by status or by (also) looking at some other metrics, e.g. SQD, years of status, FP purchase history, etc. I think there's also a better case to be made for extending certain passes over others, e.g. passes to Asia or the Caribbean where AC curtailed or eliminated service for lengthy periods of time. For instance, I have an EW Connector pass I bought last year that still has its original expiry date in 2022. I've had plenty of opportunities to use that pass this year, and don't really feel like they owe me an extension. But the Sun pass I purchased for Caribbean travel in November 2020, they've two years in a row nuked the flights I planned to take during the peak travel season for that part of the continent (far fewer flights, with some destinations not served at all, the rest of the year), and I definitely felt it was incumbent on them to extend it.