FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Oct 15, 2022, 5:55 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Diamondkellen
I have a fun one for hitting lifetime Platinum status. I will hit my 10 years when it flips in Jan/feb 2023 and as long as I do not add amymore nights on top of what I already have booked. My 600 night will be my wedding night at the Sheraton Falls View in early September 2023 where I'm having my wedding

But it being marriott, I don't expect even an acknowledgement 10 years I know better to get my hopes up.
The most impressive aspect of your post is that you know 11 months in advance your hotel stay pattern for 2023 and can make the prediction with some certainty. You have an order and calmness to your life that I envy. My stays are generally scheduled and booked a couple of weeks in advance. A month tops. My life's a mess.

While you - almost certainly - won't get an acknowledgement from the hotel on the final LTP qualifying night (though I hope the hotel acknowledges your wedding - congrats) the advantage you have of completing the year count first is that when your stay posts and the night count increments above 600 you will be awarded your Lifetime Platinum status there and then. I am in the opposite situation and have 672 nights right now on 9 LTP years so have to wait until the year counter increments in Jan/Feb 2023 before my Lifetime status is reflected on my account. The waiting is almost unbearable.