FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 7, 2004, 10:01 am
subdawg

Hyatt Savannah - Ongoing HORRIBLE treatment

Well, it's taken me so long to post all of the HORRIBLE treatment I've been receiving from the management and staff at this hotel. Unfortunately as this is the only Hyatt in the area, I am forced to continue to give them my business, all for the sake of FFN's. I know they can't stand me since every few days a manager talks to me about some issue.

Here are the sequence of events...I started staying at this hotel in late June for business on a weekly basis. I am contracting for the gov't, so was able to stay on gov't rates. A few weeks later, I was told by a few managers that my gov't rate would not qualify since I am a contractor, etc. After trying to talk to them about giving me the rate or giving me a negotiated corporate rate (since I was planning to be in Sav 8 months), they did not care. So that was fine.

After going on BFT, I saw that Hyatt Sav was going for a cheaper rate than my gov't rate, so I started bidding on it. At that time, mr subdawg came to join me for a few months since he could work remotely. So we were able to do the check in/check out thing to maximize our FFN earnings. Of course the slew of problems began. First, I was told that I would only get 1 bfast coupon, even though there were 2 of us. Then sometimes I would not get any bfast coupons. No amenity (which is fine, we didnt' think we deserved getting 1/stay/day!). Then they gave me a lot of trouble for storing my luggage there on the weekends. They basically kicked my luggage out since my next stay was not scheduled until 4 days later. So I had to figure out where I was supposed to store all my stuff.

Then they took away their PL availability...wonder if it was because of me. So then I found an amex rate for me to earn FFNs for the current promo. Another manager talked to me last week about not being able to check in for mr subdawg (or vice versa) unless my name was on the reservation. Fine, understood. So a few nights ago, I was denied check-in, even though my name was on mr subdawg's reservation. Apparently, all of the front desk knows all these "rules" as it pertains to me.

You would think that after staying at the hotel consistently for 5 months as a diamond, that they would offer me some sort of special treatment. I guess I do not pull in enough revenue for them. The hotel has been so empty lately, I'm doing them a favor by providing revenue. I am just not happy that every week there is something that they have to talk to me about. It's so bad that I try to avoid walking by the front desk so that they won't give me dirty looks or pull me for another "meeting"...I have to go through the parking garage and the side elevators!

Part of me can't wait for this FFN promo to be over so I can stay at some hotels w/better service!