FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:20 pm
HIDDY
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I was walking around Palermo yesterday and decided I wanted to get away from the crowd for some lunch. La Mezzetta has been on my radar for many years (I’ve always been a fan of the Buenos Aires Style of pizza). I walked over to Avenida Cordoba, took the 140 Colectivo over to La Mezzetta. Lucky for me there was only a line of three or four people (The line can be over 20+ in the evenings)

You order at the outside window, they take your name, enter, and call out your name when your order is ready. The Fugazetta was fantastic, In my opinion, it earns all the accolades it has received. The Anchoa, with its homemade tomato/garlic sauce was fantastic as well.

Two slices, a glass of the house Tinto 630 ARS. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves!
Must admit I've found most pizza here not to my liking so stopped having them years ago. A
However as a friend of a friend opened a new pizza carry out place a few months ago I was assured I would enjoy it, especially the sauce base, so decided to give it a try. Glad I did as it's the best pizza I've ever had. The bread base thickness is just as I like,the sauce is natural tasting and home made by the mother of the family. The sprinkling of herbs on the cheese topping is kept to a minimum. So unlike many pizzas you get the full taste of the toppings rather than a mouthful of herbs.

So good is the pizza I now have it once a week instead of once every blue moon.