FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Public trans Courtyard Seoul to Yoido Full Gospel Church
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:14 pm
OccasionallyFlying

Programs: OZ Diamond *G/AC 35K *S/Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am pleased that you are confident in your explanation. I was quoting the Courtyard concierge and reflecting all the time she spent trying to find an Uber app on my iPhone that looked like hers. If there is anything “wrong” with my iPhone 14 Pro, it might be that it is USA based.
I tried to use Kakao T app this morning close to 8 am, but never could locate a taxi so the hotel had to call for me. Moments ago coming back to the Courtyard, someone from the church used that Kakao T app on their phone to order a taxi for me.
Like @mikesaidyes said, the Uber app should've converted to the "UT Taxi" app automatically. My Canadian iPhone 13 Pro + Canadian-based Uber Account has always been able to switch to the UT Taxi app upon first opening the Uber app in Korea.

FYI, on the UT Taxi app, you need to type in your destination in Korean since English destinations are not supported at all. If you're still in Seoul, try re-downloading the app and making sure that your location services are set to "Always On" and acquiring the Korean name of your destinations and saving them.