FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Silver Card - Companion Certificate
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:32 am
KBMIFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
Hoping to get some advice. I reviewed the last couple of pages in this thread and cold not find an answer.

I have a companion ticket booked for this weekend. I am the primary and will not be able to travel due to Covid. I called AA and was sent through to meeting services and they said they have to cancel the whole ticket and my companion will have to book at current prices (which is about $300 more then our combined two ticket cost).

My questions is, what will happen if my companion boards and I just don't show up? Will they force here to rebook at the airport, what about the return trip in a few days? Am I just SOL and have to book a ticket at almost $1000?
We ended up cancelling the whole ticket for credit, and booking a separate trip using miles to get my companion on the trip for the weekend. The business services agent said both credits including the $99 companion were still valid through next July.