FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HHonors Double Night Credit promotion October 11- December 31, 2022
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:38 am
ao40

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ghoulish
This year only "earned" nights can carry over into next year. Not previously carried over nights.

And only "earned" nights ABOVE the tier you earned in 2022 (for 2023-March 2024) will carry over.

Since you reached Diamond this year (for 2023-March 24) with your carryover nights, everything you've earned this year is already "above your tier". Those will carryover to next year for calculating 2024-March 2025 status.

It only gets complicated for those who were not already at diamond via carryovers.

IE: If your carryovers only got you to gold this year, and you earned more taking you to diamond, only those earned above diamond will carry over for 2024-Mar 2025).
If I have understood what you said correctly, I don’t think this is quite right. It is the nights you earned this year over and above the threshold for this year that rollover to next year, regardless of the fact you already qualified.

This means only nights above the first 42 count for next year, even if you requalifed this year on rollover alone. Otherwise, last years nights would be rolling over twice.

This is certainly how it worked in the past when I rolled over 60 nights in the first year of rollover.

Last edited by ao40; Oct 12, 2022 at 11:46 am