FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium meals pulled from some (random?) flights
Old Oct 11, 2022, 7:29 pm
FlyerJ

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tcook052
More WS tinkering with the details as it indicates on their website than flights over 2.5-hours enjoy except the asterisk that notes

*Select flights will not receive a hot meal. A selection of retail snacks will be served with your choice of beverage.

The fine print should be updated to say: “Always a Premium fare, but only sometimes the Premium product.”

I mean seriously … why would anyone buy a Premium fare now that you’re not assured of actually getting the product that goes with it?

It makes me rethink buying Premium with WS ever again. And WS’ strong Premium product at a good price is one of my top reasons for my loyalty to WS.

Big fail on the part of whoever at WestJet HQ who said “meh, just drop the Premium meals from a bunch of flights, nobody will notice”. And an extra big fail on the part of whoever came up with the god-awful box of cheap garbage to replace the Premium meals.

Originally Posted by YYCguy
Unfortunately, the FA’s hunch was right. Last flight out to a non catering station will get the snack box and first flight out the next morning will get the same, “for consistency sake”. But if you take the flight at a different time other than those, there will be the hot meal.
Then those flights should NEVER be sold as Premium.

If the Premium product is not offered on those flights, then why are they selling them as “Premium”, and at Premium fares?!?

(And I feel so comforted that me, my wife, and our two teenaged sons went without dinner that night “for consistency sake”. Frig. Thanks WestJet.)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 14, 2022 at 7:00 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member