FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big UPGRADE Thread – all you need to know about AY upgrades
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:40 am
haapalainen

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Isn‘t the PE space bookable? Or what is the premium seat?
I am also seeing the PE seats bookable for the ~55€ price for future LHR-HEL flight. Does anybody know if they become selectable for free at check-in? I'd like to try the PE seat on a short flight once before buying long haul tickets. And I know 55€ is not a bad price but 0€ would be even better.

I also had the "privilege" of flying with AY crew on LHR-HEL a month ago. They were about 6 people sitting in the last two rows of J, cabin crew returning home. This was the 7.30am morning service so most of the paying customers wanted to sleep or rest but this AY crew were having loud conversations the whole flight. I was sitting right in front of them and was close to start complaining but was too Finnish at the end. Maybe I felt sorry for them as they had to fly home in the A319, not in the A350 with proper J seats. And they also knew that as they were complaining about the poor seats to each other.