FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / Int’l, all cabins) {Archive}
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:20 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
It is my opinion UA does not consider any foreign airline a competitor (and I believe neither does American or Delta) - so until American and Delta start serving lobster tails and "real champagne" that won't be on UA's radar screen.

The US is Big 3 isn't trying to figure how to get market share from foreign airlines - but rather are focused on stealing US market share from each other.
I never asked United for lobster tails and champagne, I asked for a return to the pre-virus Polaris service that included a pre-departure welcome with beverage, an appetizer and salad served together with dressing choice poured from the cart, a bread selection with multiple options and additional service on request, a nicely plated, substantial sized entree that looked and tasted remotely appealing (sometimes even delicious), a dessert cart (or selection on request) of one, some or all of a sundae with custom toppings, mini pies and other small desserts, cheese, crackers and fruit, and depending on the length of flight and destination, a choice of a one or more hot entree items including soup and sandwich or noodle soup, etc., and a pre-arrival hot meal which may be a hot breakfast of an omelet with sides, cereal, or pancakes/waffles, etc including fresh warm breads, yogurt, and fruit.

If this is all too much for United to deliver in a so-called premium business class product, then I can't help them.