FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA1021 BUF-DFW passengers involuntarily downgraded from Paid First Class
Old Oct 9, 2022, 1:59 pm
jqm

Originally Posted by jayer
(and I might not understand why they were even along for the ride).
I don't know the whole story, but from what I overheard the kid was in the hospital for months, so they brought the dogs up while she was at the kids bedside.

Originally Posted by Herb687
On the plus side though, two dogs were kept out of F!
I may be biased since I love dogs, but these two little shih tzus were model citizens. Didn't bark once or cause any trouble. But i could tell the family needed more room.

Originally Posted by Stripe
Nope. Dogs are fine in the bulkhead. Granted this was the front bulkhead row in Y, but the bulkhead rules in F are no different. So I don't think we have a good explanation for the downgrade. Paid F pax should always be downgraded last but I doubt there is any automation around this and it is likely the staff in BUF guessed and went by status.
Huh, there goes that theory. Yeah, must have just been a gate agent snafu.

My other initial thought was maybe she switched flights but, nope, she showed her receipt and I caught a glimpse. It was for that flight number, date and time. And yep, only one nonstop a day that I can see.

Originally Posted by jayer
My understanding, and I've never actually needed to or tried to do it, is there is something called the "Special Accommodations Desk" that you can talk with in advance if you are booking seats for a person with significant physical limitations, and they will notate the record accordingly. I guess it is still around and available. Might, maybe, have helped. I suppose the multiple dogs could have been a wildcard (and I might not understand why they were even along for the ride).
She said she was on the phone "for hours" to make the wheelchair and dog arrangements. Not sure who she called, but it does not seem to have helped her in this case.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 11, 2022 at 8:01 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts - please use multi-quote function