FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:06 am
coleslaw

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dineaux
My order from vendor was lost in transit. The vendor reshipped under another order number without crediting back the original transaction. Also, Points received from original original order were deducted from my AA account. Now I am being told my purchase doesn’t qualify for points since the reshipment wasn’t handled through portal, which wasn’t even a possibility. Any ideas on how to handle this type of situation? I am thinking I should just return the reshipped order, get my cc credited and reorder. It’s only 3800 miles but it’s the principle. Of course these point would push me over threshold to Exec Plat and I have 3 trips coming up and would love the extra miles.
Were the Loyalty Points actually clawed back or just the miles? I've had a few instances where an order was cancelled and the miles were taken back but my LP balance didn't actually change.