FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T-Mobile Magenta+Magenta Plus Offering Free OnBoard Wifi on UA ( & other US Airlines)
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:04 pm
CApreppie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by DELee
Uh, how many devices would one intend to use in-flight? I'd hate to see your cable and power charger collection.

David
Well you asked...iPhone and MacBook (either work or personal one) for me. No tablet here. I bring a compact RAVPower 65W dual USB-C charger (make sure to bring small international adapter for the loose UA outlets) and have a smaller 20W USB-C cube charger. I carry a thumbnail-sized small USB-C to USB-A adapter and a USB-A to USB-C adapter as well. I've tried to move to USB-C cables to simplify. Problem is if I bring the work MB Pro, I don't let my personal information mix (like iMessages, photos) on it so personal iPhone having WiFi is more important when using that laptop. I can easily survive just using the free messages but no photos come through or music streaming (esp if only taking iPhone). If personal MacBook Air, I could just use that alone.

Update: The wifi was completely busted on my flight and Thales only covers 48 states.

Last edited by CApreppie; Oct 9, 2022 at 12:18 am