FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Platinum Effect
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:28 am
NumbThumb

Programs: FB Plat
Two days ago I got an op-up from AMS-CDG due to a full flight. Unfortunately my long-haul to DFW the following day was in Y due to the nature of this project and lack of budget for J travel. Flight was jam packed. The eco purser came by at the start of the flight and introduced herself and said to let them know if I needed anything. For long-haul flights I travel with a .5L bottle for water which they usually aren't the most pleased about. This time around one of the FA gave me a bit of a whole talking down about how if everyone had these bottles then they wouldn't have enough water for everyone. Fair enough but at the same time...it's water. Some people like to stay hydrated during a flight.

Anyways, I think he eventually had a look at his ipad because he came by later and offered some little deserts from J and was more than happy to give me all the water I wanted after and tried to engage in some friendly conversation. I also asked for green tea at the end of the 2nd service and was told they don't have any. As far as I recall, it's available in J regardless of route. I would have appreciated it if they had just gotten me a simple tea bag, that would have been a nice touch.