FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XX, October 14-16, 2022
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:27 pm
rxgeek

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Herb687
Maker's Mark tours appear to be sold out for Friday morning. I can't remember if it's possible to just show up at Maker's Mark and get on a tour as a standby but with Loretto being about 1 1/2 hours from LEX I don't think I'd want to drive all the way there just to find out...

Other big name distilleries that we could try to hit Friday AM subject to availability:
Buffalo Trace
Woodford Reserve
Wild Turkey ? (I haven't been here in years. Used to think I didn't like their bourbon at all until I discovered their Russell's Reserve brand)
Heaven Hill in Bardstown

stravels: for the boutique distilleries that you and bk3day want to visit - in addition to Barrel House and Bluegrass Distillers right in LEX, try to swing by Castle and Key:
https://castleandkey.com/

First post time at KEE isn't until 1pm on Saturday so it would also be possible to do a bourbon distillery tour Saturday morning if it's somewhere west of LEX but not too far west. Distilleries that are less than an hour to KEE include Buffalo Trace, Castle and Key, Woodford Reserve, Wild Turkey, Glenns Creek, (possibly) Four Roses.
I'd like to visit Castle & Key but how can you work that in on Friday? Sunday looks like the only open day in my schedule.
Speaking of donuts, I recommend North Lime. No crowds, great donuts and coffee.