FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Huangpu River (Shanghai) pedestrian/bike trails
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:28 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by moondog
As I kick off this thread, I can really only comment on the west side of the river, but I will definitely get over to Pudong and give its trail a test drive fairly soon.
I did (just north of) Xupu Bridge to Lujiazui today on the east side by bicycle.

I started off by riding along the west bank trail until I got to the Sangang Ferry port, which is about 250 meters north of the Xupu Bridge and the current trail terminus.

Once over there, the drill is as simple as following the trail. Unlike the Shanghai side, the bike trail over there is an actual trail (as opposed to a bike lane) 100% of the way. I would almost call it fancy by bike trail standards (e.g. well marked, frequent speed bumps, lots of interesting bridges, including a clover leaf contraption or two). I ditched the bike when I got to Binjiang Park, and walked the rest of the way to the Lujiazui subway station, but I believe the trail continues on to the Yangpu Bridge. The only thing noteworthy in these pictures is the thousands of tents I passed by...maybe a National Day camping/picnic event?