FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2022 master thread)
Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:31 pm
bbriscoe34

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by metallo
Two comments:

1. It seems odd to me that no one on the list showed as cleared if the seat went to another upgrader. Usually in this scenario, you'll see a checkmark by #2 on the list, rather than #1.

2. GAs really aren't supposed to skip over those on the list who aren't at the gate. You should've initially cleared. Only after that, if they truly think you wouldn't show up (certainly a risk at T-17 minutes), should they "un-upgrade" you and then upgrade #2.

However, I agree with the poster above who warns that you can't rely on them to give you the upgrade 100% of the time unless you're right there at the podium to get a new BP when they call your name. Mobile BPs should have fixed the need to be physically present years ago, but some rogue GAs still insist on making sure the passenger is there to accept the upgrade so they won't have to undo everything and go on board to upgrade someone else just before the door closes.
well, since the J space disappeared, I kinda thought the last F was purchased outright, or another F purchaser from another flight SDC'd this flight at the last minute - therefore no-one got the last upgrade. But then maybe another someone cancelled off or no showed besides me to open up that last seat again?

Last edited by bbriscoe34; Sep 30, 2022 at 4:18 pm