FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma - switching from Oneworld to Star Alliance
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:30 pm
SilverChris

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by lokijuh
I'd disagree with that. HKG & SIN it does (if QF F is open at the time you're travelling), and I presume HND, KUL & NRT. Not sure about other parts of East and SE Asia though. Does OWE lock better lounges in MNL, TPE, CGK, BKK, HAN, SGN, PEK, PVG than *G? Even in somewhere like MEL, the QF lounge is outstanding, but a priority pass accessing the Marhaba lounge gives reasonable comfort, similar view, some reasonable alcohol - all that is missing is the quality food. If it's a by-product of travel you'll do anyway - worthwhile, but if you have to spend $$$ and go out of your way, I'm not so sure.

It really all depends on individual circumstances. If travelling from Australia to Malaysia and Thailand a lot, and apprehensive about MH, then SQ and TG would be logical choices and SQ is going to be quicker than CX and have a whole deal more options available (in terms of destinations and frequencies) than going with QF/3K. \
There's much to discuss about lounges, though the OP's situation isn't entirely clear. We don't know what the OP's flying pattern is, where exactly in Malaysia/Thailand they're going to, or how far they'd get in a program like KF/PPS. To some people, lounges don't matter, and I can appreciate that some people feel that way. But without knowing more about the OP's circumstances, it's hard to recommend one over another.