FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM new Premium Economy still coded as low DL miles earning "Discount Economy"
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:03 pm
Oakshadow

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by xliioper
Have you actually flown trip yet and gotten credit yet? KL has been selling W/S/A fares for PE seats on DL/AF metal for awhile now (even though they only recently have been deploying their own equipment with PE cabin) as they have shifted these fare classes from economy to PE fare usage. Yes, DL still has not bothered to update online chart for KL to reflect this. They are the same fare classes used by AF for PE cabin. Not sure if there have been any reports yet, but these should credit like AF W/S/A PE fares.
As KL's PE product is brand new, no. And that's the point. I'd feel very uncomfortable booking a KL coded PE cabin, paying $1500-$2000 (sometimes less, frequently more) when the KL website indicates in writing these are "A" fares when at the same time the DL.com chart for KL indicates very low-mileage earning for "A" fares. I don't want to be a guinea pig.

I'm talking just the scenario a lot of DL flyers use - booking partner coded fares because frequently the MQMs and/or MQDs are higher than booking with DL-coded flights. In this case KL coded "A" fares assigned to the new KL metal "Premium Comfort" is not at all conducive nor equivalent to earning an appropriate amount of DL SMs/MQMs/MQDs earned with many other partner carriers.

It seems DL needs to reassign the "A" fare on their KL chart to reflect the PE product, not "Discount Economy." KL's sister brand AF uses "A" fares for their Premium Economy product and the DL chart for AF appropriately indicates the "A" fare as Premium Economy along with the appropriate MQMs/MQDs earnings.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Sep 29, 2022 at 5:42 pm