FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ZIPAIR to launch NRT-SJC in Dec 2022 and introduce new livery
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:38 am
RichardInSF
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You don't know your passport number as readily as your phone number or email address??

It can always be updated later or at check-in. In case you got a new passport between booking and flying.
Nope, and I don't remember my global entry number either!

But there are lots of other ways that their website sucks. For example, when it asks if you want to add "extras" (on this airline, even water is an "extra"), you can select a package or say you want to select them individually. If you do the latter, it just moves on, giving you no way to select.

For the SJC/NRT route, they only publish schedules for 3 months out from the start date. I would try them for a later 2023 trip to Japan but they are not ready to admit they will still be flying then!

I must admit that their lowest flat-bed seat fare, even adding the most expensive "extra" package, is way lower than anything else, under $2k round trip, which is a real deal for a flat bed seat.

Update: As of today, October 22, 2022, flat-bed seat round trips have gone up significantly. Still a good deal but no longer an amazing deal. They are now $2,400 and up through their current published schedule (end of March, 2023). And they are only at that level because the Yen is so weak, if the Yen were at a normal level, they would be over $3,000.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Oct 22, 2022 at 9:41 pm