FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:11 pm
gregleck

Programs: AAdvantage
AA Admirals' Club pass not accepted and will expire soon

I don't recall how, but I somehow earned two day passes to the Admirals' Club. Possibly because I reached Executive Platinum.

They expire in a month.

Last week I tried to use one at the CLT Admirals' Club. A sign said, "sales of one day passes are temporarily suspended." I argued I wasn't buying a pass - I already had one. No dice. Asked to speak the manager. Explained I had a six hour wait, was Executive Platinum, was an Aadvantage member forever, and flew American ever since EWR to SFO in 1966. He told me "We're all about customer service here. You will be my guest." Told the receptionist to let me in and she validated my pass. Spent 6 hours working away from the chaos of CLT.

Two days later, return flight from CLT, same sign up, same "Sorry, not accepting passes." Asked to speak to the manager. Gave the same request. This time, the manager (different individual) told me, "we're not even on the same wavelength. Sorry."

So I have one pass left, it expires in a month, I cannot use it in that time. Has anyone ever had AAdvantage extend the expiration date on a Admirals Club day pass which could not used because the Admirals' Club closed the lounge to one day pass holders?