FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:22 am
attart

Programs: American, Southwest, Alaska
Had the same issue with AA flight booked through Qatar

Originally Posted by happychic
I used BA Avios to book an AAflight yesterday. It's been 16 hours but I still do not see the flight show up on my AA account. Outside of the e-ticket receipt from BA when I booked the ticket, I do not see a follow up email to show that my flight was ticketed. How do I get the flight to show up in AA? I do have the ticket numbers that start with 125-214, but nothing that start with 001.

Bonus question: will I get to use my AA elite benefits on the flight since I used BA Avios to book? I am a lowly Gold member. It will be nice to choose MCE seats and not have to pay for a carry-on.

If it matters the flight is from Mexico to US.

Thanks!

It took a while for my Qatar flights to show up in AA … and when they did I couldn’t choose a seat. I finally called AA and gave the agent my flight information and he eventually assigned me a seat. He did try to charge me $30 for getting a seat by calling, but when I explained the website wouldn’t allow me to do it online he waived the fee.