FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:12 pm
oneyedpirate

Originally Posted by oneyedpirate
DP: Citi premier (80k SUB):

Have ITIN (Non US citizen)
May 2021 = Amex US Hilton (free) - 2k
May 2022 = Amex US everyday - 10k

0/6 mths Hard inquiries, 2/24 new CCs (posted above), FICO 8 Experian 732, Utilization 6%, Credit history = 16 mths

Got 7-10 days "decision" -> usually means need more info

Called asap into recon app line: 1-800-695-5171

Rep said everything looks good - just needed ITIN and to call back 2+ days later to confirm they received it then can process. Will update!

Update: Called in and rep said they see the ITIN and attached it to my profile.. Card issuing has to go through "correspondence dpt" as it's not using SSN but should be approved

Quite shock not actually straight declined - will update once I hear more
Forgot to update!

Long story short - was declined for arbitrary reason of "could not verify information".. turns out they sent a letter and it contained a reference code

The recon reps "forgot" to tell me it was REQUIRED to get my application approved..

Called in once I got the letter and got the decision overturned to approved for 4k!

So silly - all they asked was the reference code, and reconfirm my name and address then said you are approved.

Pretty shocked but I guess they really do like "0 inquiries in 6 mths" and 4-6% in utilization and lower amt of available credit