FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:46 am
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I loathe the QR code menus and phone ordering. Nothing about that experience says, "first class", and we don't need more phone noises disturbing us while dining. Waiters create ambiance, give advice when ordering, and allow for easy modifications to your order (e.g. extra onions), something that was difficult in Classified's previous iteration. I guess, "this is the future" also means, "no tipping". Hopefully, robot waiters are coming soon since humans seem no longer necessary.
What's weird is they will provide a paper menu upon request, but insist you order via the QR code. What if you don't have a smart phone? (I assume they have another way to take orders?)

My phone was being finnicky and it took several tries to get it to actually recognize the QR code as such, but I was able to get in and order. The actual process of ordering in the app is fine and straightforward, but I do like having a real menu to review, too.