FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer catering | guide, reviews and photos
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:38 pm
1Aturnleft

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Suffice to say nothing that's been slopped up in Club of late has been compelling enough for me to take the bait of an £89 'offer' that's constantly been flogged since ticket purchase 6 months ago for my band 3 trip ex SOU next weekend. All things considered, I'll take my chances in Traveller exit row with a free drink and a game of sandwich roulette.

SOU-ALC Band 3 Breakfast
Wiltshire Ham and cheddar on a Kaiser Roll
Chocolate Granola Square
Orange Juice cuplet
Can't really go wrong with this. Decent quality in terms of size, ingredients and taste of the filled roll. Granola square did what it needed to and the OJ was bog standard from concentrate.

Service was delivered by the most disinterested crew member I've had the misfortune to meet in a long time. At first I just assumed he was one of those resting b***h face types who'd jump to life with a little engaging interaction but it was soon apparent they guy was just lazy and clearly wasn't interested in serving passengers this morning.
On the subsequent drinks round I asked for a sparking water.
"No just still" ... I could see sparkling on the trolley working it's way though the 3 rows of Club but conceded it must an exclusive product to that cabin and accepted still. A reference check to the bar products liaded here on the wiki suggests otherwise
Ahalf full tumbler of still water was then thrust in my face. There's nothing on the table other than the breakfast previously provided.
"Thanks so much, would you be able to stick a couple of ice cubes in there for me"?
"There isn't any" before moving on to his next inconvenience sat in the row behind. Another glance forward to witness the theatrical tonging action against cubes of frozen water from the SCCM preparing drinks in Club suggested otherwise.
I will go as far to suggest this guy needs to rethink his service strategy..... or find alternative work in a non customer facing role. Name withheld but duly noted.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Sep 24, 2022 at 7:50 pm