FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:09 pm
gstork

Originally Posted by hfly
Really depends on time of day, as has been alluded to almost everywhere, if you are in between the early early morning and the morning bank, it is a flop house. Flatbread? I am not sure what that is, perhaps you are referring to "Pide" of which they generally make 8 different varieties? As well as simits in t he morning FYI (although those are usually gathered and dispensed from the Simit Cart). As they normally only take 4 of these "flatbread" out at a time, and cut each into perhaps 8 pieces, and no one takes only one (the average would be 2-3 as the pieces are quite small), you are only talking about 32 pieces of enough to serve appx 11 people, so I do not understand why you find this "sad".

While I will agree that after 11Am of so the food is more interesting (as that is when Kofte, Chicken, Manti, Noodles, and other goodies come online), In the morning when you seemed to have visited does also have the Panini station, the egg station, The weird Kavurma sandwich station, tons of Yogurt, all sorts of fruits, Dried Fruits, nuts, etc not mention several variety of cakes and cereals. What else would you be looking for, and for that matter who is looking for booze at those hours?
As I mentioned, we were there in early evening. Sad that the pace of fresh “pide” being put out couldn’t keep up with the demand. Guests shouldn’t have to hover to have a chance at getting a slice or two.