FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of United Club card for 1K members
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:23 am
ftweb

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
As a United Gold or higher you can access a United Club at any point of an INTL itinerary as long as you have access to the terminal. So Club Card doesn’t help any further on that.
This is counter to my experience. I onec flew SFO-HGK-BKK and was denied Thai lounge access because--even though I bought the ticket on united.com--the second leg was on some non-*A carrier (can't remember which).

More recently I flew SFO-MUC-FCO and wanted to wait for someone at FCO, but was denied access to the *A lounge because my same-day MUC-FCO boarding pass did not depart from FCO (used priority pass lung nextdoor instead).

These are situations where I'm wondering if club membership would help.

Originally Posted by ani90
It may be easy to actually fly a J trip to Singapore but getting the money to do that, or justifying such use of money is not simple for most 1Ks.
I don't mean to be flip about how much $15k represents. I technically could fly this with OPM, but don't feel confirmable spending 5 figures on a plane ticket, so have been booking premium plus.

That said, in part because of my futile attempt to use plus points, I can tell you that these J9 C0 flights are actually selling out in J, often a week in advance. Granted my negotiated rate is more like $13k one way, but when it comes to round trips, I think it's safe to assume at least a dozen people a week are exceeding the 1k PQP requalification threshold on a single ticket on the SFO-SIN-SFO route.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 24, 2022 at 2:16 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member