FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does everyone put up with the rubbish service?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:25 am
dougzz

Programs: BA Gold
I think if you believe BA has superior service you have to have not flown much with anyone. I put up with BA because despite all the talk of choices, if you live in London BAEC drives you to BA and OneWorld, and whilst each trip may have choices, overall BA is the only game in town with all the answers. Sure you can use Virgin going west, but then KLM/AF for Euro trips? Having to always change in AMS or CDG is a horrible thought. I can't offer enough personal experience to comment on heading east. I've not experienced the AA attendants and service many comment on, they're different to BA, but no better or worse as I see it, I get better food, and drinks when I want, so I'm happy with AA when going west. BAEC works for me on short haul, especially with the opportunity as a gold for extra inventory. On SH in Europe are any airlines significantly better than BA, the main ones certainly don't seem to be.

I don't fly nearly enough to maintain multiple statuses with different airlines or alliances, so maintaining a higher status with BA makes sense to me.

One thing I strongly agree with is that CW food is appalling at the moment, and the C19 excuses have no validity any more. Further to that is if you have no status and get the old ying-yang seats without opportunity to select the obviously better seats then CW becomes a very poor option.

Edit/Added:
I agree with Door5L on the lounges at LHR. The toilets alone are a disgrace, often dirty or stained seating, crowding, poor access to working electrical outlets. The idea it's a First Class lounge is funny, but the jokes on us having to use it. Unlike a few on here I don't aim to drink my bodyweight in alcohol, I just want a calm space to sit and relax. The BA lounges offer nothing like that, 5B aside.

Last edited by dougzz; Sep 23, 2022 at 4:31 am Reason: Additional comment on lounges.