FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you expect some type of compensation if you couldn't check into your room?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:58 pm
dfresh713

Would you expect some type of compensation if you couldn't check into your room?

I booked a Double Tree for 4 nights. The flight I was on got stuck circling the airport due to the storm resulting in the flight not landing until 12:30am. I get to the Double Tree at 1:45am and there is not single person working there. Called the place, went behind the counter, nobody! Hung out there for about 45 minutes and I couldn't check-in with the App because they probably marked me as absent. So I wound up finding a Hampton Inn across Chicago, and drove 30 minutes there for the night finally got into a room at 3:30am just for the 1 night (checking out at 7:30am) and went back to the Double Tree for the remaining 3 nights.

So the next day, I wrote to Hilton Honors about the situation, and they said they would refer to the business and they will respond back in 3 days. Never heard anything back, but I did see that they charged me for a no-show a few days later. So I called and complained about the situation, and they said the hotel will not reverse the charge and corporate would reimburse me personally by check. A bit annoying since it was on my Corporate Card, but about 30 days later I received a check in the mail for the reimbursement.

Anyway, I would assume that Hilton would give some sympathy and provide points for this annoyance. Never received anything. I'm also a Diamond Member if that even has pull. Would you have expected anything?

Last edited by dfresh713; Sep 22, 2022 at 5:03 pm