FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*]
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:05 pm
simcity4000

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by passy777
I was also wondering about this.

I had a double tier point trip in March this year and I eventually got the bonus tier points credited in April which was still within my tier point collection year. I checked my statement and despite the qualifying trip being completed in March, the bonus TP element on my statement states the date of transaction AND posting in April, with no reference to the actual flights or corresponding PNR.

This got me thinking about those who may be embarking on a qualifying trip early/mid December 2022 who potentially won't get their bonus tier points credited to their accounts until after the reduced tier point promotion ends on December 31st - which could potentially (and very likely in some instances), impact on their retaining or elevating their status before their TP earning year is reset early next year.

When bonus TP's are added after the Dec 31st for trips prior to that date, I just don't have the confidence in BA's IT infrastructure to ensure that bonus tier points will be credited to the members account before the reduced tier point promotion cut-off date.

Hopefully I'm overthinking this and all will be well for those hoping to get their TP's bagged within the promotional period.
It is not overthinking. When they think the promotion, it seldomly perform well testing for different scenarios and business rules.