FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:05 pm
worldclubber

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
A little mini-rant relating to LH FCLs and particularly the FCT: Please bring back the FCL in B, to relieve pressure on the FCT, and the service at the FCT to an appropriate level!

Just had the worst experience at a LHG FCL ever, and it was at the FCT where I made the experience.

Was there between 7 and 9 a.m.: Not a single available table in the restaurant sections and rather disappointing F/B service (PA was great, though); additionally, had to make phone calls from the cigar lounge for some privacy, as not a single work booth was available and the lounge was otherwise packed.

The menu says "lunch/dinner from 11" now and the selection is rather mediocre. Asked around 7.30 whether the kitchen would make anything but breakfast food despite the early hour, as I had done many times before and is even actively advertized as "body clock meal" at the FCL in MUC, and agreed with server/kitchen on steak and salad. Pointed out that I will be back to order at 8:15 (car to aircraft was scheduled for 9:10), as I had to make phone calls at 8 sharp. When I sat down at the high table across from the bar at 8:15, as there was still no table in the restaurant section, I was told that the kitchen was too busy to "cut and prepare a steak" and the wait would too long for a 9:10 departure from the lounge. Server mumbled something about a staff shortage in the kitchen. Didn't have a first class feel to it.

As much as I hate to say it: A FCL only catering to fliers on a European body clock and too busy to seat you in the restaurant section or the work cubicles is just not a great FCL, despite the ride to the plane provided from the FCT. The ZRH FCL game is so much better now, LH should be embarrassed and improve the situation at FRA.