FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:33 am
Yhztraveller

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
A couple of weeks ago I booked a return trip (in J) to the Caribbean in Nov. Return flight got me into YYZ in the early afternoon, with plenty of time to connect to YHZ.

This week I received a notice of schedule change. Now the return flight doesn't arrive into YYZ until later in the evening and there are no connections available to YHZ, resulting in an unplanned overnight stay.

I sent a not to concierge asking if AC would pay for my accommodations in YYZ since I had no alternative but an overnight stay. Concierge responded and suggested that:
a) I could change my flight (there is no option that does not involve an overnight stay)
b) cancel my flight (not really an option since I already paid for the vacation); or
c) submit my hotel receipt after the fact to customer relations and hope for a full, or partial payment of the expense (this one is very laughable)

I was hoping that a combination of my status (SE) and J booking might help. Any suggestions??