FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Security at YYZ (2022)
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:06 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by emcampbe
dont know if there is a specific requirement to hold the Canadian card. I can share that last year, when it wasn’t a kiosk (didn’t know there was), but when it was a table with a couple of folks looking at card, then giving the priority slip, I used my US Amex plat and no questions asked - I don’t think the Canadian and American cards even look much different that one would be able to tell without looking pretty closely.

Certainly, there is no promo of this benefit with the US card, but I believe there are other international airports where an Amex plat can get you to priority security, so I suspect any Amex plat should work.
Yes, there are other such airports. For example, Stockholm-Arlanda airport. The priority security benefit for ARN is marketed to Swedish Plats/Centurions, but my US Amex cards work just fine at that Swedish airport upon showing the equivalent US cards to the Swedish accounts card members who are told they get this benefit at ARN. In my case with US cards, the card scan at ARN didn’t seem to work for the staffing persons, and so they would just eye it and let me proceed anyway. Showing the physical US cards had also previously worked at YYZ like that, but this Amex priority security thing at YYZ seemed to come and go at times. Maybe I’ll get a stab at it again next month.