FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:12 am
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have mixed feelings about the latest HNL-MSP/ATL menu. While I appreciate diverse and locally-themed menus, I felt this one was too narrow and focused; I would have liked at least one "mainstream" menu item as a selection.

For dinner, the salad is described as a "Pineapple Poke Bowl with Soy-Mirin Dressing" which is a bit of a reach as poke is traditionally a dish made with raw seafood.

I didn't care for any of the options so I ordered the Kalua Pork and Cheesy Pasta (which was bowtie this flight after being penne on an earlier trip). The packet of Tabasco that I liberated from the HNL SkyClub helped this dish greatly.

+1 had the Opakapaka (Hawaiian pink snapper) which I was surprised to see on the menu as it is a premium fish with limited availability and only caught by hook and line so was not expecting to see it on a mass-catered meal. It was a little over-cooked but otherwise fine.

For dessert, the Bacon Pineapple Custard with baby roasted potatoes, spinach and red pepper was a bit of a mess; I would have much preferred a more basic savory meal. The other option was Island French Toast with strawberries, wild flower honey, and whipped vanilla mascarpone so no escaping a sweet breakfast meal.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 21, 2022 at 6:22 am