FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:59 am
qraec777

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by homer3152
Apologies for asking these questions so late in the thread..somewhere there must be the answers..i just didnt find my case. I will fly FRA-DOH-BKK on two separate reward tickets. FRA-DOH in C, DOH-BKK in F (both class U). I would arrive 18:30h in DOH to continue 8 am next morning in F to BKK. My first question: would i get at check in in FRA already my boarding pass for the separate ticket DOH-BKK? And could i then arrive with this separate ticket around 19h at Al Safwa and get in and stay till say 6am next moring? I also believe that if i want to stay till 6 am i would need to request a room between 23h and midnight to observe the 6 hours rule? But would this be realistic to request a room between 23h and midnight? And if i dont get a room: are there still these big open family rooms with the couches? And would they wake me up there?
Had a layover of around the same time in DOH a few months ago (1800hrs from BOS transferring on 0750hrs to KWI). The lounge staff made it clear that almost all the rooms would be fully reserved by midnight, so I instantly checked in at 1900hrs and checked out at 0100 hrs. Had a nice meal, shower and a nap, and went out to explore the other parts of the lounge. Time flew by instantly and at around 0300hrs, I was pretty much the only one in the lounge (I still believe, however that the sleeping rooms were fully booked by then). Had a few desserts, watched the sunrise and headed to the special F boarding gates in the lounge. I was flying alone, so I got a room with a single bed, and a TV. The showers were good though.