FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:22 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by homer3152
Apologies for asking these questions so late in the thread..somewhere there must be the answers..i just didnt find my case. I will fly FRA-DOH-BKK on two separate reward tickets. FRA-DOH in C, DOH-BKK in F (both class U). I would arrive 18:30h in DOH to continue 8 am next morning in F to BKK. My first question: would i get at check in in FRA already my boarding pass for the separate ticket DOH-BKK? And could i then arrive with this separate ticket around 19h at Al Safwa and get in and stay till say 6am next moring? I also believe that if i want to stay till 6 am i would need to request a room between 23h and midnight to observe the 6 hours rule? But would this be realistic to request a room between 23h and midnight? And if i dont get a room: are there still these big open family rooms with the couches? And would they wake me up there?
Availability of sleeping rooms is in the lap of the Gods: and at the time you are interested in, the omens are not in your favour.

The awareness that Safwa can offer not only bed & a very substantial breakfast, but also dinner and fine wines, all at a price considerably below that of the airport hotel, has led cash entrants to try their luck in bagging a bed.

The family rooms are intended to allow groups which include women to relax in semi-private conditions, without concerns about protecting modesty: something of a cultural phenomenon in the region. Their allocation to a singleton male is probably predicated on existing and expected "family" occupation of the facilities. It's worth remembering that they are not intended as bedrooms, or even quiet rooms, come equipped with TVs, and families often include over-excited kids - so the experience will not always be restful