FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA's New Cabin Refresh - Has Polaris Been Left In The Dust?Are seat doors the future?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:17 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by EWR764
The fixed wings on the premium economy seat headrests are nice, but other than that, it will have the same dimensions as the current configuration.
I'm not even sure I can say that. The rendering looks awfully similar to the new DL F seat on its 321neos which I have not flown yet but can't say I am looking forward to. The fixed wings are just extra plastic boxing me in, making it harder to converse with my seatmate if (God forbid) I am traveling with a companion, and ironically weight I'm paying to fly. I'm so tired of trying to enclose premium cabin pax in boxes! While there are some even larger "full wall" F suites I feel like it's notable that what sets apart of lot of other 3-class first products is the ability to have an more open, airy cabin due to lack of density.

Speaking of PE, DL has the awkward issue of flying the 350 where it has gone for the inferior 2-4-2 configuration which is alarmingly narrow. UA (and I guess AA) don't have to face that, at least not yet.