FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:32 am
as219

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Exclamation What to do?

Ugh. So I have to make a choice in short order and am not sure what to do... Will keep this brief.

Am flying MCT-IST-USA. TK cancelled their MCT-IST flight on the day I need. I either fly the day before (which gums up my trip) or the day after (which is really bad for me). Either way, they say there is no more TATL TK availability in J, so I'd have to find some 4-connection MS/ET solution back home via CAI/ADD,,,which I really don't want to do.

The one solution I'm able to find is a MCT-DUB-IST FlyDubai (FZ) option that would get me to IST 5 hours before my original IST-USA flight...so I would ask UA to cut out the MCT-IST leg and just make it in effect an open-jaw. This has the benefit of letting me keep the TK segments and getting me back on time (and allows me to try a new airline!). The downside, of course, is that if I have problems with FZ, UA/TK will have little sympathy if I no-show in IST.

What would you do? Is the FZ option too risky?