FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:08 am
BBonly

I have been checking out flights for a better part of the day and I managed to find a business class that flew within normal hours.I took too long to consider and it ended being snatched up by someone. From the looks of things, first class is actually much easier to book compared to business class. I placed all the rewards flights I found manually through a spreadsheet and most of them, save for the two were first class. ALL of the ones that have availability are all leaving 12:05 AM the next day and arriving 5:30 AM in Tokyo. I've been wanting to try out the new refurbished cabins but unfortunately they don't seem to be used out of LAX. Seeing as people here have more experience in this realm than me, I do have some questions

1.How big difference of a gap will I see from business to first? The cost difference is around 15,000 points with a surcharge of 800 dollars. Is it just completely difference experience compared to business?
2. I remember a flight I booked back in 2019 had a problem of checking in early at my hotel. They assessed me some early check in fee but did let me in a few hours before normal check in times. This gave me a breath of relief after a long flight. Is there any hotel I can check in very early for my first day? I plan to use another hotel the following days.