FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does everyone put up with the rubbish service?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:05 pm
chazman189

Why does everyone put up with the rubbish service?

I’ve unfortunately flown BA 11 times in the last 15 days, and on every single occasion, the flight has been late by at least an hour (once it was 4 hours, which was nice for the compensation). To boot, it’s also through the most pointless things like nobody around to attach an air bridge.

Additionally, the £5 drop-off charge at Heathrow is particularly egregious given the near £40 passenger charge that we pay on top.

Then there’s the cost of the flights - it’s now hard to cross the Atlantic for less than £3k in J - when you now get packed lounges, lost luggage (though anyone who checks bags now unless they have to is insane), incompetent security staff so everything takes ages, late flights, under staffing, and of course the “award-winning cheese board”.

And with all of this, there seems to be a collective shrugging of the shoulders from BA, and expecting us all to put up with it. I seem to get an apology email after every flight, but nothing is changing. At least Emirates said when enough was enough.

I really couldn’t give a stuff whether I get a personal greeting as a Gold member or if a Bronze member boards before me. I simply want flights to be on time and not have perpetual queues at every point of the journey.

Let us not forget that this airline, plus its main airport, took millions in government money during the pandemic, and then fired a ton of staff. It’s simply not good enough, and there don’t seem to be any consequences.

Where is the regulator in all of this?

Last edited by chazman189; Sep 17, 2022 at 7:20 pm