FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:27 am
RayG

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by AAMCI
Question about the Inflight and Book the Cook options on SQ25 JFK-FRA in business class (if this belongs in another place, please feel free to move). Here are the options I have to choose from for my flight coming up at the end of September. I prefer Asian dishes and have no food allergies.

Any recommendations?

Inflight Menu

Braised Beef Short Rib
Cornbread pudding, sauteed spinach and smoked tomato butter

Marinated Seabass Shangdon Noodle Soup
Wheat flour noodle in rich broth with seabass and leafy greens

Slow Braised Lamb Shank with Red Wine Jus
Charred leeks, baby turnips and barley risotto

Braised Chicken with Honey Sa Cha Sauce
Seasonal vegetables and steamed rice

Book the Cook

Grilled Shrimp and Scallops
Grilled shrimps and scallops in tarragon mustard sauce with leeks, carrots, and linguini

Prawn pork dumpling noodle soup
Egg noodles in rich broth garnished with prawn-pork dumplings and leafy greens

Seafood Congee
Rice porridge with seafood, garnished with ginger, fried shallots and spring onion

Slow Roasted Beef Fillet
Slow roasted beef fillet with natural jus, pomme anna, celeriac, mushrooms, and carrot

Selected
Stir Fried Chicken in Chinese Wine
Stir-fried chicken in Chinese wine, served with seasonal vegetables and steamed jasmine rice
Some dps below from a a few recent jfk-fra trips.

I thought the braised beef short rib was ok (agree with Mr Leipzig, aka demue, that braised dishes work better). The cornbread was too sweet for my liking so did not finish.

Beef short rib with cornbread

The grilled shrimp and scallop dish was a fail. Pasta was dry and over cooked and portion too small. Crew pro-actively gave me another main, which was very sweet of them.

Grilled shrimp and scallops with linguine

The lamb shank was the dish I enjoyed the most. I would recommend (though as with everything ymmv)

Slow Braised Lamb Shank with Red Wine Jus Charred leeks, baby turnips and barley risotto