FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA carry on / carryon baggage rules & enforcement (master thd)
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:42 pm
ryanbriar

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GWagonFlyer

I’ve never had this happen to me ever before but at the boarding pass scanner, the GA said that my bag wouldn’t fit in her checker even though the bag wasn’t tested yet and she made me take things out of the side pocket before I could test my bag in the checker. She was rude and I asked for her name. She said I’ll give you mine after I take a look at your boarding pass again to know your name.
Very less than ideal, to say the least. Tweeting in / writing a formal complaint is the way to go to paper it.

Something similar happened to my fiancée in January 2020 on LAX-JFK in F. Bag was legal, but the GA insisted on sizing it and taking things out of the front. I was convinced that they were salty that we were the last ones on (enjoying FFD) and really pushed for it to be checked to baggage claim (not even the gate) as they felt it wouldn’t fit in the bins...which makes little sense given the layout. Ultimately cooler heads prevailed (mine), but not the best way to treat your F pax, both of whom were paying for it.

Last edited by ryanbriar; Sep 16, 2022 at 6:48 pm