FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A little help getting back home from Heathrow tonight, please
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:25 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa
​​​​​​I'm not happy to be on the tube on my own that late at night.So I think the most sensible will be to try for the HEX
A cab from LHR to home will be over £100 and it's not exactly something I can afford right now if BA won't refund all of it
I am reasonably confident BA will pay £50 towards it, given past practice, and they may pay all of it. But I would say the tube and HEX will be reasonably safe, people's risk assessments tend to be pretty rubbish in this area since the risk of a car crash is far higher than anything really bad on the tube. Besides London is flooded with police officers at the moment and I would have a high confidence that the post pub crowd heading home will be more respectful than normal anyway.