FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Operational Upgrade to F Mid Flight
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:32 am
QT31415

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by AinthePNW
Sharing a recent story on BA 49 (LHR-SEA) operated on a 789. I was seated in Club World in the old school yin yang J class in 13A, the seat next to me was empty. Right after lunch was served (maybe an hour to hour and half into the flight) I reclined my seat and was watching a movie when two FAs appeared above me and told me that they were "collecting me" to move me to First. Apparently they needed my seat (and the one next to it) to move some J passengers around since their IFE weren't operational. They collected my things and sent me up to F for the next 8-ish hours. I was thankful for the upgrade, but a bit confused (there were more then 2 seats available in F, why not just upgrade them?) I am a OWE and was on a paid J BA ticket.
Same happened here, OWE on paid J ticket. There's a lot of nonworking seats on BA! Problem is, I was traveling with my spouse on separate PNR's and didn't want to move, but wasn't given the choice. The person they upgraded into my old seat told my spouse that the seat was working fine (he was pretty happy about it), but apparently the passenger in the flight prior had vehemently complained.

My husband and I tried to link our PNR's but were not able, either on check in or via customer service. We were moved 3 out of 4 legs on this trip - any suggestions?