FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:25 am
sxpsxpsxp

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
TApples and oranges. ITA has their own schedule, availability, and fare data and is the pricing engine for many airline and travel websites. EF uses the GDS APIs for data and is limited by their capabilities.
Speaking as someone with a degree in computer science and several decades of experience in technology, I can confidently say that if you wanted to implement this function (searching/returning multiple departure/arrival airports in one search) you could do it. It may take some work or be expensive to implement, and so you may not want to from a business perspective (totally understandable), but from a purely technology perspective it is absolutely possible.

If today I can manually enter:

BOS - MCO, PVD - MCO, BOS - TPA, PVD - TPA

and execute this search 4 times, then it is entirely possible to modify EF so that I can enter:

BOS,PVD - MCO,TPA

And then EF will execute the four searches behind the scenes and then return the results to me on the screen in one grid.

I'm happy to discuss this further offline and offer technical advice if you're at all interested, although I'm sure there are plenty of other people who are more competent in this area than I am.