FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Operational Upgrade to F Mid Flight
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:16 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
You're going to have to give us the whole story here. Intriguing!!!
Well it turned out to be a not unusual apparently benign mix of sleeping pills and not very much alcohol. It was a few hours into an HKG-LHR on a 747.

Pax not drunk but turned into an unpredictable mess once he popped the pills - swung at both CC on the upper deck in the exit area - connected with one of the CC on the face before he swung again, overbalanced and faceplanted with a bang.

I was in 62K and so it was all happening right in front of me. I completely forgot I was on an aircraft and just jumped up and sat on him so the crew could call for help from downstairs - he didn't actually struggle much at this point. TBH I didn't really think at the time then got a bit shaky once he had been subdued.

I was asked by the (then) CSD if I would like to move seats and ended up in 5A - with the F pax asking me what the loud bang was from upstairs! Another UD Pax ended up in 5K who had also apparently been assaulted by the passenger. We were interviewed by the police on landing and the passenger was taken away. The icing on the cake was a long queue at immigration and we of course missed early disembarkation from F - me and 5K were the last passengers off in the end!