FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Autoslash (General Discussion)
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:46 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Smiley90
So this is a new one. Probably more of a Priceline complaint than autoslash, but still.

Made a booking via autoslash -> Priceline -> dollar half a year ago, got a confirmation code and all. Got ANOTHER confirmation email yesterday, saying everying was ready.

Got to the airport today and... Dollar can't find my booking. They can't find my name in the system. They say the confirmation code Priceline shows (starting with a J for "Dollar confirmation ID") is the formatting dollar uses, it should start with 0. I contact Priceline, they say tough luck. Had to make a booking on the spot that cost me 800 USD instead of the 400USD we had a confirmation for. Priceline obviously refuses to reimburse the difference, saying they created a valid booking. But clearly there wasn't a valid one. Frustrating. Now I need to check if my second booking for next week, autoslash -> Priceline -> Avis, actually exists.
First off, please accept our apologies for the problem you experienced with Priceline/Dollar. That is really annoying. We're not sure what happened there and why Dollar could not find your confirmation number in their system.

We can tell you that valid Dollar confirmation numbers transitioned from starting with a J to starting with a K around the end of 2021. The Dollar staff is a bit confused though because bookings made in late 2021 had a number like J94913237C6 whereas the confirmation numbers Dollar is issuing today would look like K2514243917. You can try a test booking on Dollar.com to confirm this. No idea what they mean when they say it should "start with a 0".

As far as your Avis booking goes, you can click here to look your reservation up on Avis' website to confirm that it's active and the price matches what's shown on your Priceline confirmation email. The same is possible for most companies (including Dollar).

If you want to contact us at [email protected], we can try to work something out with you where you can return your current $800 rental and we can try to make you a new reservation for something closer to the $400 you were originally supposed to pay.